Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ten Minutes and A Mower


I had
a running
hand mower
and ten
minutes
of spare
time, which
is like
an eternity
these days.

We are experimenting with some bulbs and wildflowers in this locust grove, but the high grass was getting a little out of hand. I had ten minutes and an idea and off I went. Wren and Dane have a little grass maze in the shade- not too big, not too small. Of course it is only temporary until we mow through the area again, but in the meantime, they will love to play in it. It goes around three times and weaves between trees and ends in a little circle. Just perfect for a little table and chairs to sit in. That's where I'm off to next- to drag a table set out there. Loving this cool weather and bright days, it just doesn't get any better than this. And in my other spare ten minutes, I trimmed back the lilac trees- not that the children will care about THAT.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

That sounds like so much fun Kristen. Andy's Aunt has a place in MN with a labyrinth of wildflowers that we just love so much. Forget the mowing! Just go with the wildflower labyrinth. Way fun.